Sunday, November 1, 2009

Settling in


The last few weeks have been a lesson unto themselves, and learning to navigate my own unpaved roads has made it a journey that is both vastly intimidating, as well as an adventure I wouldn't have any other way.

The wise say that "God only gives you as much as you can handle". I truly believe that is partly true. I want to add that The UNIVERSE gives you exactly what you need at exactly the right time. You make the choice to use the tools in your toolbox that you are equipped with, or you struggle.

The weddings I have been officiating have been such a gift this year. I so enjoyed each and everyone of them. Each and every person I came into contact with, and If I could do that everyday, I think it would be the best job in the world.

As the weather gets colder I find myself shedding that summer life, that open, loud, exuberant Dina, and allow space for the introspective, soft, curious woman to move forward. As my body responds to this amazing miracle of growing a person, and as I surrender to it, letting there be joy in the ever expandion of my body, the roundness of my cheeks, and saying yes to my body's needs instead of fighting it, I settle in.
Settling in to the dark of the coming winter. Settling in to allowing for Spirit to completely take over my life. Settling in to joy of this coming miracle that everyone around me is so excited about.
Settling in and remembering to breathe.

Hubby and I have decided to take the reins of this pregnancy and are standing against mainstream birthing. We are choosing to make this a spiritual experience. We are walking toward a better understanding of each others needs, and that means our communication has become wide open.
We found an excellent tool to help us achieve this process called "Hypnobabies", and are both so delighted and excited to be going through this class. The facilitator is fantastic, and we have asked her to be our Doula as well.
This birthing process reminds me of all I have been through lately. That process of becoming born. Of Growing, and changing, of evolving. Of surrendering to the unknown. Of letting there be space for whatever is meant to be, and just experiencing every moment.

As I sit by the window right at this very moment watching the glow of the sun fading to the other side of the world, and seeing the bare naked trees shadowed in the foreground. Feeling the chill of the night air seeping through, we welcome the night. The time of the dark. Where everyone and everything goes to asleep. As fall evolves into winter we settle in. we hibernate, we snuggle together. We find quiet treasures, and for me, I simply wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment