Monday, September 14, 2009

Dunking my feet into Health 04-28-09

No Excuses! I'm done with them. I admit it. I have been a sloth for just about a year. I haven't had the energy to do much more than work, and study for my grad classes. I have been sedentary, lethargic, and exhausted! I have been eating poorly, and not getting enough sleep. I have had a short temper, and absolutely no patience. This all equates to a crumbling, aging body that really no one wants to be around. Now that I am not working, I have found myself to be floundering! What will I do with my time? How will I live? How will I support my family?
Panic was starting to set in, and so I decided to have a talk with the Universe.

Me~ What do I need to do?
Universe~ Simply Breathe
Me~That's it?
Universe~ Its the first step. Surrender, listen, and trust. All is well.
Me~It doesn't feel well right now.
Universe~ You are completely supported. Important things are on your path. Open your eyes.
Me~ I don't see anything.
Universe~ Dina. Breathe. Nurture yourself. Bless yourself. Heal yourself. Allow yourself this.
Me~What about a job?money? security?
Universe~ Who you are has nothing to do currently with what you do for a job. Get clear on who you are, and what you do will follow.
The right time, the right place.

So, I will breathe. I will give myself care, and steer my physical body into the direction of health. I will breathe and remember who I AM.

Over the past few days I have been given great messages in my email. I love inspiring messages, and quotes. I want to share a few I received just today with you:

Give up, let go, get out of the way, and source will take care of us until we fully connect to our very new shore. And if at all possible….simply trust. Everything, as always, is in divine and perfect order. Everything is unfolding just as it should.

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

There is no such thing as "change for the worse."

Change is the process of Life Itself, and that process could be

called by the name "evolution." And evolution moves in only

one direction: forward, and toward improvement.

Therefore, when change visits your life, you can be sure

things are turning for the better. It may not look that way

in the very moment change arrives, but if you will

wait a while and have faith in the process, you will see

that this is true.


A perceived mistake becomes a valuable learning experience and is, in essence, a gift to learn and grow from. You are not a bad person and you are not your decisions; you are simply human.


Time to not only recreate my resume and get clear on what I really want, but also time to get clear on who I am and recreate myself. Ready? Get set.... GO!


1 comment:

  1. Michele Renee said...

    Hi there,
    I found you from hopping on a couple of blogs today. I wanted to say that I have 3 boys similar in ages to your kids. Mine are about to turn 13, 11 and 8. I have also been laid off from work and it is the weirdest thing. Fortunately it happened last April and I got a new job in August. Anyway, I will be back to visit!
    --Michele
    April 30, 2009 3:55 PM
    Dina said...

    Congratulations on your job! Boys are so much fun! They just are who they are. So authentic. Until they hit 14 and 1/2 and decide to reinvent the wheel.
    Thanks for following my blog!
    May 1, 2009 11:38 AM
    Madame Dotty said...

    Oh Dina, my friend, that dialogue you had w/ the universe sounds sooo familiar to me...(you know that! lol). I know exactly how you feel and I like you are trying to have faith in God and the universe, even though nothing seems to be "all right" on the surface.

    Let's keep each other strong by reminding each other to have FAITH! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete