Monday, September 14, 2009

Rent 04-20-2009


This weekend, Some friends from work and I went to see the Broadway production of RENT. I had never seen it onstage before, and so I was really excited.
We went to dinner at Olive Or Twist and I had a fantastic Seared Ahi Tuna Salad. I totally recommend it! After dinner we walked to the Benedum Theater and had the most amazing seats. Center stage, just a few rows back.
The show was amazing. The tour had 2 original cast members; Adam Pascal who played Roger, and Anthony Rapp. It was awesome. It also hit me in a tender place, as I was trying to identify with all the characters. There was a vulnerability, and a hard edge overlaying the sensitive issues of death, AIDS, being poor, homeless. Excellent.
I am sharing two of my favorite songs ; Seasons Of Love and I'll Cover You. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment