Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ripeness


Watching California's forests, and family homes be destroyed by fire is not something I normally care to see. Especially knowing that I have loved ones that live there. But you have to admit, it is stunning to watch.
The Fire that burns everything to the ground, is actually so incredibly good for our earth. It reinvigorates the earth for new growth. Like the Phoenix rising out of the ashes. It forces change, welcome or not to the people affected by it. Starting over, new beginnings. You can't go backward.

My goal this week has been to find the beauty in absolutely everything. I need it right now as there is so much on my plate. I won't commiserate with you today, because that would be NOT practicing what I just made a promise for myself to do. Instead I will say, that all of this LIFE causes me to really step back, reflect, and readjust. School is on the front burner. It is at a rapid boil, and it is almost done and ready to take it off the stove. Forever. I will be so thankful that that chapter is firmly closed, even though It will be a springboard for my new growth, when I am ready to move in that direction. For now, I am grateful that it challenges me beyond anything I have ever done. It pushes me to continue even when I don't want to anymore. Its that climb to the top of the hill. I can complain about how hard it is, that my legs are aching, that I need to stop, and take a rest. But this final class is like Jillian on the Biggest Loser. She won't let me quit.

For now, I sit in grace. In love. In a swirling atmosphere of vibration. Children, animals, lover/husband, unborn child, family situations too tender to share about. Weddings galore, preparations for the fall. School. The list goes on and on. My life is abundantly full, and I feel myself ripening as a harvest pumpkin, like a moon waxing, like the tide of the ocean coming in.
All I need to remember right now is to simply breathe. And so I do.
Breathing in deeper, breathing out slower.
Aho.

No comments:

Post a Comment