Monday, September 14, 2009

Toes are Salty 09-04-09


Have you ever put your foot in your mouth? Jumped to conclusions? ASSUMED something that may or may not be true? That's been happening to me. A LOT. I like to think that I can milk out this pregnancy excuse thing for a long time. Maybe even for a year or two.

Seriously, I have not been thinking clearly. My mind is all sorts of muddled. I can't concentrate, I can't say anything right, and when I do, there's an edge to it.
Overall, I am in a good place, I really am! I ... just think I am over emotional, and over thinking. My imagination is wild and crazy.

Oh the lessons we learn while the foot is lodged firmly in the mouth!! My mom once told me that Assume stood for Ass of U and ME. Oh, mom. Your so right.

I have learned repeatedly lately that it's not fair to jump to conclusions, without giving an ample amount of time for another person to respond.
I have learned that I need to work on my patience skills. I have learned that I wear my heart on my sleeve, and that it bruises easily. I have learned that I have some issues that I probably need counseling for. I have learned that my fears cause a ricochet of wild imagination, thinking the very possible worst.
Does anyone out there relate? Please tell me that I am not alone in all of this. Cuz right now I am feeling really, truly stupid.
So basically, I am calling myself out on my own crap, and it doesn't feel very good. I know I need to be gentle with myself, but today, I am sitting with the possibility that not only did I put my foot in my mouth, but potentially I shot myself in the other foot. You know that post about DRAMA? Yeah, I guess I just accidentally caused quite a bit of my own, when I was trying to escape it, and now its biting me in the butt.
I am learning that age old lesson, that I should stop being so caught up in myself, and letting the ego take hold, and surrender it all to Spirit, because really? Who am I?

I did have a genius plan to take over the World, but for now, I am going to sit here quietly and suck on my toes because I don't think they are leaving my mouth anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Jesse Bo Aston said...

    This is so true, I have been learning a different lessen repeatedly in this past year. Since my mom and I were kicked out on the street shortly after she was diagnosed with and operated on a brain tumor we have been at the complete mercy of circumstance and those few around us who have been gracious enough to give us a haven, safe or unsafe. In the three homes we have lived in in the last year (not counting our home we were evicted from) I have met many people that I would not have otherwise had a chance to.
    Many of these people were the "type" of people whom I would have previously have passed a judgment on (crackheads, millionaires etc) in otherwords, people who live a way of life that I am not familiar with. And each time, I mean EVERY time I have been pleasantly surprised with the conversations I have had with them.

    We are all living our own paths and they occasionally collide and it's up to us to make the best of these encounters. And to accept that people have a whole different world in their heads. Love you and miss you lots Dina. It's been a helluva year.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete