Monday, September 14, 2009

Wonderment 12-10-08

Where did this year go? It has flown so fast. The leaves have come and gone, the birds have quieted their songs in my trees, the weather has an edge to it.
Walking outside downtown, people rush by huddled in their warm protective layers, trying to keep out the chill that is the air.

The children even noticed that time has rushed past us.
"Mama, this year is already almost over! Why'd it go by so fast?
"Well, I suppose, that saying is true, time flies when your having fun."
"But, Mama, will it be slower next year?"
"All is as it should be, sweetie. Let's just enjoy all our time, and not worry that it goes by so fast."

My daughter is very perceptive. She knows. She knows she is growing up. It seems she wants to hang on to the little girl inside of her, and wants time to slow down enough for her enjoy it.

So much has happened this year. To all of us. To my children, my beloved, my parents, my friends and family.

I landed a job that I enjoy at the end of 2007, and learned in a short year that I should never judge a book by its cover. I learned that I should never take things at face value, and I shouldn't base my decisions on my heart, but my gut instead. Now I am paying for the blinders on my face. I still enjoy what I do. I don't enjoy the politics, and how Everyone points the fingers at the different departments, and refuses to work as teams.

I learned how to get around in a city I have only been exploring for a year. I don't even need my GPS in the city. But Pittsburgh is SO big, that I still need it for the outlying areas.

I flew to Hawaii to witness my little sister marry her beloved on the beach at sunset. She has been with him for 10 years, her first boyfriend. I wish them both well.

I watched my baby sister fall in love for the first time, and continued to watch while her heart was broken for the first time. I watched her fall in love with science and rocks as well, and love seeing the dreams she is creating for her life a reality.

I got married myself to my beloved, in front of my closest friends and family. Of course it was the hottest day of the year 105, and as we started saying our vows, the neighbor (We were out in the country) decided to open a live band and turn the sound up full throttle to AC/DC "Are You Ready To Rock??" Awesome memory. :)

I started using my Ministry and began officiating weddings. I realized that this Ministry is what I really would rather be doing, and started dreaming on how to expand it, to be there for others, maybe inspire, maybe be a creative force to open hearts, and spark Spirit inside of others.

We brought a puppy home into the folds of our family, and watched him grow, and our hearts with him. We named him Bodhi, for the Bodhi Tree, and for Bodhisattvha. He is pure love. He turns a year old next week. He is also close to 100 pounds. BIG love.

My oldest son (14) moved back home to live with us, after a year of being away with his father. He is a changed child. Half child, half adult. We are in yet another transition of life, learning, once again to adapt to change. The word change to me often becomes a blessing and a curse, sometimes in the same moment.

I realized how much more at peace I am, and yet so unsettled. In a quiet moment of my life, I decided to throw caution to the wind, and enrolled into a MBA program. What was I thinking? One may never know. Actually, I know, but I don't feel like pointing out my flaws today. Maybe tomorrow.

As the holidays begin and the end of the year wraps up, I am reminded by the Movie Babe, and the farmer's words to the pig. "That'll Do."

No comments:

Post a Comment