Monday, September 14, 2009

Illumination -08-12-2007

There is a thread of commonality among several of my friends blogs lately. It is this idea of looking deeper into ourselves. Weeding out what doesn't belong, loving ourselves unconditionally, finding that its time to make big changes and take leaps..
What a gift to see this happening.
My friend Barb sent a video to several of us called The Shift.
http://theshiftmovie.com/index2.html (Copy link and paste it onto your browser... you won't be disappointed)
This video holds that thread that is intertwining all of us, together. So many signs are pointing to this "Illumination" of ourselves.
We are more aware of the kind of freedom important to us, more able to define what we are able and unable to tolerate in a relationship, more capable of expressing our needs to others and forming relationships which allow us to satisfy the more important of these needs. We are beginning to experience and draw from the light at the center of our being, therefore becoming a source of illumination to ourselves as well as others. I hope through this process we will experience such fulfillment in who we are that we are less at the mercy of what we may have considered in the past to be important needs. So many people feel within themselves such confusion..and remain a source of conflict—an occasional yearning to break free and explore new relationships, to have more territory we can call our own—but its stresses hopefully will no longer dominate our consciousness.
Its happening. I feel it.
People are more conscious of our world, our impact, and how we can go about creating a better place. Whether it be about environment, or community, or globally, we are on this wave that is about to crest. Its beautiful.
In my own life I have been feeling this sense of integration, and adaptation has been my favorite word lately.
I did take a giant leap, move 2500 miles away. I trusted my heart, I listened to my soul, and I followed my instincts. I realize that it is never easy to change, or step out of a comfort zone. It wasn't. It isn't. I miss my community of my "urban family" the ones that were more supportive and loving unconditionally than even my own blood family. When I went home last week to collect my children to bring them to our new nest, I had the feeling of a fuel tank inside of me, and just being in their presence filled me back up. It was an amazing feeling.

A few very dear friends of mine and prayer sisters, said when they met me and my very best friend Heather, that "we were the Ones that they had been waiting for." These two young women that understood a wisdom and knowledge that is rare for our generation.That were willing to be the change. I couldn't believe that they would be talking about us!!
I am finding so many people now that are so like us that is reassuring. We are not alone. We are all lightworkers, the Illuminators. It is not a job to take lightly. Heather and I have always seen ourselves as midwives. To be a support to all that are awakening to their true beauty of who they are. Thats it. I am part of a support network. Thats what we all are.
My favorite thing to say when I know someone is going through that dark place in their soul... "I will leave the light on for you". Illumination.
I tell my children that we are a Spark, a brilliant shard of light from the One source, of All that Is, We are all a part of God, a Piece of God. Spirit lives within us and all around us. Illumination.
I know when I go through my dark times, that there will be many lights left on for me, when I choose to see it. Know that I will do this also.

There is a candle in every soul
Some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a Spirit who brings a fire
Ignites a candle and makes His/Her home

So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world

Frustrated brother, see how he's tried to
Light his own candle some other way
See now your sister, she's been robbed and lied to
Still holds a candle without a flame

Cause We are a family whose hearts are blazing
So let's raise our candles and light up the sky
Praying to Spirit, In the Name of the One
Make us a beacon in darkest times

~Go Light Your World, by Chris Rice

Thanks for listening to my heart this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment