Monday, September 14, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods ~6-22-07

And the countdown begins. I have been having a harried and hurried adventure! Who knew I could get so many things done in so short of time??
To explain, It all goes back to my last blog. I pretty much ASSUMED that I would have plenty of time to pack and be ready to go by the time the movers came. I was mindful about what I was bringing and what I was leaving behind. Trying to be as organized as possible, and not bring anything I didn't need. 15 boxes of books later..... (umm yeah)
The movers we chose were from a website called Uship.com. The movers gave me an estimate with a 3 day window of when they were going to be picking up my stuff. Kind of like the cable guy that says "I will be there between 10 and 6. So I packed as much as I could as fast as I could. They promised that they would give me a 4 hour heads up when they would be close to Vancouver. They forgot to give me a heads up, and showed up a lot earlier than I was expecting or ready for. Thanks to my dear friend Carrie that happened to call me at the right time, she dropped everything and helped me finish my packing. SO thankful!!
The movers relayed to me that the were supposed to have been to me even earlier than than they actually were, but they had 3 flat tires and they had to change trucks halfway across country. I was SO grateful for their flat tires! :)
Later that evening my same girlfriend Carrie, along with other very special friends threw me a going away party. It was lovely, I cried buckets of tears, and my heart is aching to be leaving so many wonderful people. There was even a song written for me! (AMAZING song!!)
This week has been spent getting all the remainder stuff out of my place, cleaning, and preparing to leave. Kind of crazy, very fast paced, and not feeling like there is a lot of time to do much more than what I am doing.
Back to the Movers... They had again given us a 3 day window when they would have my stuff to Pittsburgh. So not really hearing from them during their journey I called them....
"Yeah we should be there by today..."
"Where are you?"
"We are in Nebraska"
I google mapped Nebraska to Pittsburgh and they were 14 hours away. I told them that we weren't in any hurry, after all, the stuff will be sitting in storage for at least a week anyway.
The next day, Glenn calls them, as he has a ton of work stuff this week, and he was hoping to schedule around the movers... AND they had reached end of the 3 day window.
"Where are you?"
"Oh, well we were having truck problems, and, well, we are in Tennessee visiting family. We should be there Thursday or Friday..." well, we did tell them we weren't in any hurry, right?
I guess all of life is an adventure. A spinning wheel... You never know whats coming up.

I have just a few more days, and I will be leaving on Monday the 25th. Its time to officially turn the page of my life story book, and start reading and writing the next chapter!



No comments:

Post a Comment