Monday, September 14, 2009

My Inner Child 12-12-08

It snowed. Really. It snowed outside. I love the sound of snow. You may be thinking I am crazy, but its this incredible silence. Like everything outside hushes, and if you stand really still you can hear it. Its beautiful.
I hear the "grownups" grumbling about the snow. Have to shovel the walk. Have to scrape the windshields. Tracking water in the house.
But for me.... I love how the snow lays gracefully on the bare branches of a tree. I love how the giant snowflakes kiss my cheeks. I love that the puppy goes crazy in the snow. I love seeing the joy on my children's faces when they know they get to put on their boots and trudge outside to play in the snow. Its a novelty to them. It never wears off.
Do you listen to the snow? Do you feel your inner child bubble with joy from seeing it fall gently from your bedroom window?

This morning, when I opened my email, I saw that I had a video in my inbox. I subscribe to Karma Tube, and every once in a while they send me a lovely video about something soulful, insightful, meaningful, wonderful. Its a song we have all heard many times before. Its a song most of us know by heart. But today, I really listened to the words. Today it enveloped my heart.
http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=1430
Today I am feeling grace. I am feeling gratefulness. I don't know why, exactly. Maybe because my term paper for my class is completed and turned in and I get 3 weeks off for Christmas Break. Maybe its because it snowed outside, and I feel joyful inside. Maybe its because I feel loved by my hubby, and my children are happy. Maybe its all of the above.
I hope you take time today to connect to your inner child. Nurture yourself, fill yourself up with own love.

No comments:

Post a Comment