Monday, September 14, 2009

The Rapids 03-25-09

This morning, There was the most fantastic sunrise. I was bustling around getting ready for my day, and as I passed by the window I stopped in my tracks. The orange and pink glowing sky hypnotized me, and made me sigh. It was beautiful.

This happens every day. The sun rise welcomes me every single day. I stop to welcome it, it is my routine. Kind of like a 5 minute meditation.

Today is going to be a great day. I can feel it. I have to tell myself this often, and sometimes it doesn't happen the way I would like it to, but isn't that normal for all of us?

Being in flow, staying present in the moment. It is a work in progress. It is my personal challenge, one keeps coming up as a reminder from various soul sisters. Every single girlfriend that I have is having the same challenge. To live in the moment. To surrender, and to remember to breathe. To be present. These are the times we are in, that we are facing. One day at a time, 1 hour at a time, and sometimes 1 minute at a time.

Ram Dass wisely said
Suffering is the sandpaper of our life. It does its work of shaping us. Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise.

And isn't this the truth? We have to go through the mud. The sticky dirty mud before we can get to the waterfall. And even when we get to the waterfall, we have to surrender to the powerful current, and let the water take us peacefully. Sure we may bump into some rocks that lie underneath the surface of the waters and be bruised along the way, but as long as we are going in the flow, we should come out a little wiser. The powerful current may tug at us, pull at us, push at us. We learn the path of the water, We pay attention to the currents, the rapids, the peaceful places. We appreciate the stillness when we find it, and have to remember to follow the breath when we approach the rapids. Pretty soon we begin to enjoy it, and have the adventure of a lifetime. For this is just that, isn't it? Aren't we in an adventure of a lifetime?


No comments:

Post a Comment