Monday, September 14, 2009

My Ears are leaking 08-10-09

This morning I woke up, to see my husband smiling at me. Soon after, he left for work, and I, who had stayed up till 12:30 talking to a beautiful old soul friend online, (AFTER my homework was done, yo.)I felt the need to get a little more sleep. An hour later, I was downstairs into our home, and noticed little things. He had done laundry. It was on the chair in the living room waiting to be folded.
I went into the kitchen to force myself to eat some breakfast.. which is a rarity as usually I am ALWAYS hungry. I looked at the sink, and realized my hubby had cleaned the kitchen from the amazing meal he made for us last night, AFTER helping me babysit our niece and nephew for 5 hours.
My Hubby? simply Amazing.
I married him a year ago this coming Sunday.


I remember the first moment I laid eyes on him face to face. His plane was early, and I, of course was running late. I remember running through the cars dropping off people at the departing gate, and I remember dodging cars,as I ran in front of moving vehicles. Yes, I am a smart one. I didn't realize that he could see me from where he stood waiting at baggage claim, though the windows. We were on the phone together, and I was rushing, out of breath. I couldn't be calm. I couldn't just chill. Here this man flew all the way across the country to see me. ME!! I was so excited. He was one of my lights in a harrowing darkness for many months.

As I ran inside the airport, willing myself to walk, I saw him. There he was. The most handsome man I have ever seen. He was leaning up against his carry on, his feet crossed at the bottom, his arm resting on the handle of his bag. And he was smiling at me. He was giggling at me. I wasn't sure what to do when I came up to him. Do I shake his hand? Do we hug?
I decided. We hug.

So I walked right into his waiting arms, and he held me for a full minute. I could smell him, his yummy smell, and his heat. I pulled back to look up at him, and he surprised me with a kiss. It was SO flippin romantic!

We had a fantastic weekend. We visited the many awesome places of Portland, and the Columbia River Gorge.

Powell's Book Store. Biggest Bookstore in the world. GO there.

Japanese Gardens in Portland. AMAZING serenity

First time I had ever eaten Seared Tuna.

Crown Point, Columbia River Gorge. We watched the Sun set, and the Moon rise at the same time. Life Froze for a beautiful moment.

Mt. Hood. My childhood home. One of my favorite places on the planet.

Multnomah Falls, Columbia Gorge. Breathtaking.

Portland Saturday Market. Awesome Arts, Crafts, Music, and food Every weekend from March through December.

Falafel Sandwich. At the Market. Its a memory, so what?
His trip out to see me was jam packed. It was beautiful, momentous, precious, and a treasure that I get to hang onto forever.
When it was time to say goodbye, we both struggled. Tears. Heavy hearts. He started to joke and say that his eyes were leaking, but he fumbled and said his Ears were leaking instead. We then remembered to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Shaman Wolf said...

    Aaawwwww! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary my sweet! Hugs to both of you and family...and love to you sweet sister, for trusting it all.
    August 10, 2009 10:52 PM
    Music Man Mark said...

    Wow, a year already! Them tempusses sure do fugit sometimes. Happy Anniversary to you both, and many, many more to come!

    ReplyDelete