Monday, September 14, 2009

Star Light, Star Bright..... 08-13-2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I wish I may, I wish I might, Have the wish I wish tonight... Remember that old nursery rhyme?
Yesterday was my birthday. I had forgotten that it was the 13th. I turned 34 years old. Glenn wrapped his arms around me and whispered "Happy Birthday!" in my ear. I looked up at him and broke out into a big grin.
"Really??" I asked him.
In my family tradition, your birthday was a special day. You got to choose your special dinner, and you got your choice of cake. You were celebrated. You also got to make a wish for the day.
I smudged myself, my house, my children, and my cats. I set the intention to celebrate every moment. To live life, not just be a back seat driver.
Glenn took my kids out and they bought me a sweet little Buddha sitting behind a lotus leaf. It was a perfect gift. He made dinner. He baked a mini cake. He cuddled me while we watched an old chick flick. It was a perfect evening. Right before bedtime, we took a blanket and pillows out and laid on our back deck, and watched the stars. We saw a mini meteor shower. I wished upon a star, 7 times. :) What a perfect birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment